Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Trijicon RM07 6.5 moa Adjustable RMR - Burris FastFire 3 - Comparison Pics

We've all heard some variation of the mantra that our focus should be on the front sight.  The problem in a defensive context is that we are hard wired by thousands of years of evolution to focus on the target. Especially moving targets.  I've never seen someone shoot a free throw or throw a baseball without looking where they want it to go.  Compounding that, near sight focus is made more difficult with the adrenaline dump of a sudden attack.  We tend to tunnel vision at whatever is frightening us at the moment.

My G19 originally was an MOS with a Burris FastFire 3 red dot.  I finally switch to a red dot on my carbines a few years ago.  Initially I was turned off to the pistol RDS.  I didn't trust the Burris as more than a range toy, and I was much slower to find the dot than my front sight.  The only advantage was my ability to get hits at longer distances with the dot.  25 yard shots were a much easier preposition.  While defensive encounters beyond a few feet are rare, I didn't want to give up the longer range capability.  A few range sessions and countless dry-fires later, I decided that the red dot would stay.  Knowing Trijicon's reputation for durability, I took the plunge.  However, I found myself wishing the rear sight was in front of the RMR.  I sourced an ATOM Slide and haven't looked back since.

One issue I had with the RMR was that the dot began fading and cutting out randomly after about 300 rounds.  This is a well known issue where the battery is loose inside the unit.  I removed the RMR and stuck 2 small circles of electrical tape to the bottom of a new battery.  I've since fired about 600 rounds with no issues.

RM07 - Glock 19 MOS

RM07 - Left

RM07 - Right

RM07 - Top Front

RM07 - Top

RM07 - Top Rear

RM07 - Dawson Sights - Co-Witness
RM07 - ATOM Slide& Sights - Co-Witness

RM 07 - Auto

RM 07 - Setting 8

RM 07 - Setting 7

RM 07 - Setting 6

RM 07 - Setting 5

RM 07 - Setting 4

RM 07 - Setting 3

RM 07 - Settings 1& 2
For NV and too low to photograph
Burris FastFire3 - Auto
Burris FastFire3 - Low
Burris FastFire3 - Med
Burris FastFire3 - High
Burris FastFire3 - Dawson RMR Height Sights
FF3 & RM07 - Front

FF3 & RM07 - Top

FF3 & RM07 - Rear

FF3 & RM07 - Window Height

FF3 & RM07 - Body Height

FF3 & RM07 - Width

-Carry On

No comments:

Post a Comment