Friday, January 6, 2017

PTR 32P PDW 8.5" 7.62x39 Pistol

Just a few photos of my PTR 32P PDW.  It's an HK 91 clone chambered in 7.62x39.  I hoped this was a newer gen 2 with 5/8x24 muzzle threads so I could use a SureFire Socom muzzle brake for my 762-Mini suppressor. But it's the slightly older version with 15x1 threading so my only option was the SureFire Socom flash hider.  I milled a few pockets in the tines to cut down on the "ping" that plagues pronged muzzle devices.  I also found out that the welded-on section of picatinny rail is too high to co-witness my Primary Arms Micro Dot with the iron sights even with the lo-mount.  Now to wait for my tax stamp.



















I replaced the 15x1 Surefire Flash Hider with a 15x1 to 5/8x24 thread adapter from Griffin Armament and added Surefire 7.62 Socom Muzzle Brake.  With such a short barrel, I prefer a brake to act as a sacrificial baffle to protect the suppressor.  The thread adapter adds roughly 3/4" to the barrel.  I also replaced the wobbly MP5 handguard with an HK53 length handguard from HKParts.net.  It's long enough to fill in the gap at the barrel trunnion and has much less slop.




No comments:

Post a Comment